Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010: When the Cat is Away, the Mice will Play











Monday, May 17, 2010 (Alexander). Our first night all by ourselves was spooky, exciting, tiring, and pitch black. I put my hand in front of my face during the night on my bunk bed and I couldn't see it! In the morning, we wake up and daddy is all excited, because finally our hosts arrive. They are surprised to see us. They were expecting us to come today. While mommy and Nina hike down to town to buy groceries, they have fun in a field and discover the chapel in the castle, I worked on my homework and daddy worked on his research stuff until 5:30. After our hosts leave the castle, we again are all by ourselves. Curious, we go and explore downstairs and discover a ping pong and a fuzzball table. Daddy teaches me how to play real ping pong. The ping pong ball is cracked and after daddy wickedly spiked it at me, it cracked into two. Then we played fuzzball instead (which I much soon prefer to play). Daddy dented the back of the goal slot after a rocket firing spin shot. Even though he wins these games, I am learning his strategies and will win tomorrow! We have supper at the top of the castle in our panoramic room, looking out our windows like princes and princesses. I dream about winning against daddy in fuzzball.

No comments:

Post a Comment