Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday, March 26, 2010: Rock Climbing the Ruins






















Friday, March 26, 2010 (Karannina)
We eat an early breakfast so that we can have more time at the ruins. We drive to the beginning of the hike. We start hiking. Along the way, we see: an ant hill – mom pokes it, no reaction, signs with the letter K, and bee hives for making honey. Once we come to the ruins, we rock climb the remains of a wall. Thank goodness no one fell! Thanks to Elke, we had chocolate bars and juice as a lunch (who would like to eat a lunch like that ☺). Then we hike back to the car, kicking leaves up at each other. Alex found a big snail and gave it to me. I used it in an experiment; I placed it in the ant hill; I wanted to see what they would do with it. They attacked it. We drive back, pretty tired. Outside in the garden, Alex and I play paddle ball. We do our journals outside. Mom, look at those dark heavy clouds! A few minutes after we went inside, it started down pouring like crazy! I forgot to bring in my only two pairs of shoes, they were soaking wet! I played go fish with Alex, then Mom, Alex, Elke, and I played cheat together. We had a wonderful Hawaiian supper. Then I Zzzzz while mom and Elke looked at a photo album of her work. She was also a teacher working with deaf children - just like mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment