Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday, February 25, 2010 The Tiergarten












(Karannina) Dad left this morning to Washington DC while I was half awake. Since all the adults had breakfast on their own, Alex and I had a late breakfast together. Homework, homework, homework(Grrrrr!)! We have homemade lasagna for Mittagessen (lunch). Delicious! Then Tante Karin drives us to the Tiergarten (animal garden/park). I see: ravens building their nest, rabbits, pigs, goats, elk/reindeer, sheep, a fox, wild cats, ducks, song birds, raccoons, and hamsters. Alex and I then bought (1€ each) two brown bags full of green pellets to feed the sheep and goats 10 minutes before closing. I fed 3 out of 4 lambs, they were sooooo cute! Then Tante Karin drove us home. We had supper then watched the 2010 Vancouver Olympics! Go, Canada! Go! (More photos to come asap)



(Dieter says:). Had a wonderful drive to the airport with my aunt Karin. We share very similar personalities and it is great to be able to share the highlights and frustrations that come with it. Smooth 8 hour flight to Toronto. Worked on a grant and enjoyed two movies. My flight to Washington DC was delayed and appreciated having access to the lounge. Caught up on all my emails and prep for ADEA conference (7 presentations, 5 meetings, and maybe some sleep). Missing our children and Sandra as I have a chance to read some of their blogs and see their pictures.


(By the way, we love comments! So if you would like to, feel free to comment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment